Life and career coach Jenn Lederer talks with host Ben Hauck about self-sabotage and how it affects actors and their career pursuits. In the interview, Jenn explains what self-sabotage is and its psychological origins, offering up overt and subtle examples of self-sabotage especially as they relate to the actor. When it comes to finding what goals you really want to pursue,Jenn goes into the negative results of self-sabotage, but she also details some of the benefits of self-sabotage. Sharing tips for diagnosing your own attempts to sabotage yourself, Jenn goes into the possibilities for actors who overcome their self-sabotage. Finally, Jenn talks about her program FIVE Minutes to FREEDOM, which includes downloadable meditations on self-sabotage and other topics.
☞ Listen to the Episode
☞ Mentions in This Episode
The groundbreaking ebook, The Fi-Core Workbook, provides easy-to-read, in-depth information on financial core, so you can best decide whether “going fi-core” is right for you as an actor.
Jam-packed with details about financial core status for actors, The Fi-Core Workbook walks you through critical information about what financial core is, and what you lose, keep, and gain when you go fi-core as an actor.
In 20 chapters and just over 60 pages, The Fi-Core Workbook shares nearly every angle on financial core compiled over months of careful study, delivering page after page of valuable information on fi-core.
The Fi-Core Workbook is immediately available in PDF format so you can read it on your computer, your Kindle, or other PDF-enabled ereader. To download it now from Fi-Core Central, visit http://ficorecentral.com/workbook.
Jenn Lederer’s Bio
Jenn Lederer is a Life + Career Coach for Creative Entrepreneurs. When she isn’t travelling the globe for cool speaking events, Jenn’s home base is New York City where she works 1:1 with clients from all over the world helping them build the Life + Career of their Dreams. Jenn is also the writer + host of Weekly Alignment™, a weekly web series that takes a satirical look at the world of entrepreneurship, self-help, and spirituality.
- Official website: http://jennlederer.com – Listen to AIP017 for a special offer from Jenn for AIP listeners
- Weekly Alignment™ web series: http://weeklyalignment.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jennlederer
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JennLederer
- Twitter: @JennLederer
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/jennlederer
- Jenn’s blog post on self-sabotage, “your goals are sabotaging you”: http://www.jennlederer.com/2014/02/15/how-goals-lead-to-self-sabotage/
Jenn Lederer’s Meditation Program
Near the end of the interview, Jenn mentions her downloadable program of meditations called FIVE Minutes to FREEDOM. Look on the FIVE Minutes to FREEDOM page for a free download, and while you’re at it, purchase her meditation program. (I did!)
- FIVE Minutes to FREEDOM (Jenn’s meditation program): http://www.jennlederer.com/five-minutes-to-freedom/
Jenn mentions Nisha Moodley as one of her mentors in talking about self-sabotage.
- Nisha Moodley’s website: http://nishamoodley.com
References to Prior Episodes
This episode references previous episodes of the podcast.
- AIP017 | How to Define Your Relationship with Money to Better Finance Your Acting Career – with Jenn Lederer: https://actingincome.com/episode17
- AIP024 | How to Be a Person First and an Actor Second – with Aleisha Force: https://actingincome.com/episode24
To sponsor a future episode of The Acting Income Podcast, get in touch here.
If you like what you hear, I invite you to post a quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes. Doing so makes an important impact on the success and visibility of this podcast, which in turn has an impact on my success as an actor.
Thanks for listening!